9 December 2011

Directory Opus version (Beta)

This is a beta version. If you aren't comfortable running the very latest version of Opus then you may like to wait for the next stable release.

Directory Opus is available now for all Opus 10 users.

Directory Opus x86 (32 bit)
Directory Opus x64 (64 bit)

Directory Opus Deutsch x86 (32 bit)
Directory Opus Deutsch x64 (64 bit)

This is a preliminary, beta release. It fixes a number of issues reported since the release of Directory Opus 10.

New features and minor changes:

  • Preferences and Customize filters now filter as you type, without the need to push return. The Prefs filter no longer loses focus after running a search, allowing you to more easily refine your search.
  • The Set command can now move the slider between dual file displays. Use Set DUALSIZE=50 to make both displays 50% wide/tall, Set DUALSIZE=25 to make the left/top display 25% while the other is 75%, etc. You can also make buttons which toggle between two sizes, e.g. Set DUALSIZE=75,50 will make the first display use 75% of space when clicked once, then restore both displays to using 50% when clicked again.

Bug fixes:

  • Sub-menus set to open "above the menu button" would open on top of the button instead of above it, making it easy to accidentally click the bottom item.
  • Workaround for Send To -> Mail Recipient not working with Outlook 2003, due to Outlook 2003 loading its DLLs in an non-secure way which Opus 10 blocked by default.
  • Workaround for issue dragging attachments from Outlook to Opus, where Outlook would interpret the drop action as a Move rather than a Copy.
  • The @ifset directive can now be used to test which side of a dual display Lister is source (e.g. @ifset:source=left, @ifset:dest=left, @ifset:focus=right, etc)
  • Folder colors now work more reliably in libraries - a colored folder will show in both the library path as well as the real disk path, and library roots and individual member folders in the tree (if shown) can be colored
  • InfoTips now appear for files in Search Results collections if enabled for local drives only
  • Fixed problem with top-level checkbox behaviour in Sync results.
  • Toolbar buttons which run Set DUAL=vert and Set DUAL=horiz now have their visual state updated as soon as the dual-display orientation changes.
  • Invoking a user command and passing selected filenames to it with the {file} etc codes now works correctly.
  • Fixed problem where dummy/duplicate folders could appear in the tree underneath Libraries
  • Configuration restore from a library path now works
  • Display of duration, etc, now supported for .WTV files (the .wtv suffix must be added to the settings for the Movie plugin if it isn't already)
  • Fixed problem where a newly created zip file could be cached and incorrectly displayed as empty even after folder added to it (triggered by Copy ZIP=Single,KeepFolder command)
  • When the list was grouped, running the Select HIDEUNSEL command and then revealing hidden files would not correctly regroup the displayed files
  • Dragging a file with the right button from a library to a physical folder now displays the correct drop menu
  • The {leftpath} and {rightpath} control codes are now resolved correctly for library paths
  • The Customize / Keys list no longer considers disabled hotkeys as duplicates (drawn in red).
  • Drops on the tree and toolbar buttons no longer leave the drag image visible while processing the drop.
  • Double-click on list in Customize/Keys was unreliable