Directory Opus 10.2.0.3 beta is now available for all Opus 10 users.
- Directory Opus 10.2.0.3 x86 (International, 32 bit)
- Directory Opus 10.2.0.3 x64 (International, 64 bit)
- Directory Opus 10.2.0.3 Deutsch x86 (German, 32 bit)
- Directory Opus 10.2.0.3 Deutsch x64 (German, 64 bit)
This is a preliminary, beta release. Translations may not be fully up-to-date and some English text may appear in non-English versions.
The following is a guide to the changes in the Directory Opus 10.2.0.3 beta:
Native support for MTP devices (initial experimental version)This beta introduces experimental native support for MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) devices (e.g. mobile phones, cameras, tablets, etc.). MTP devices are accessed in Opus with the new mtp:// URL-like syntax. You can also access them through My Computer simply by double-clicking on the device icon. Please note that due to the beta nature of this release, some MTP related functions are not yet implemented or complete (such as context menus, folder tree support and secondary file commands like SetAttr). Copying files to and from devices, renaming, viewing images and thumbnails are all working, however.
Miscellaneous new features
- Added a new option to display rating stars overlaid on thumbnails (Preferences / File Display Modes / Thumbnails / Overlay rating).
- Opus now displays folder thumbnails (when not using the shell to generate them) as CD covers if the folder is marked as "music" via desktop.ini (e.g. using the Customize tab on the Properties dialog to mark it as a Music folder), irrespective of its other contents. Previously the CD cover would only be used if the folder contained more than a certain number of music files.
- Fixed bug introduced in the previous beta where you could not skip or abort a delete operation that ran into a locked file.
- After changing tabs with the Go TABSELECT command the Lister is now redrawn immediately (so that a repeating hotkey to cycle through tabs lets you see the tabs as they go past).
- Fixed a cosmetic issue with the tree path highlighting option when not using Vista/Win7 style for the tree.
- With file extensions hidden, the Position cursor before extension option for inline rename did not work with filenames with a dot in the name.
- The Print FOLDER=selected command would incorrectly display the dialog once for each selected item.
- Fixed a couple of problems with archive files inside of libraries (the viewer pane did not work on files in the archives, and thumbnails inside the archives were also broken).
- The option to add menus to the desktop context menu did not work if Opus wasn't running (this bug was introduced in the 10.2.0.1 beta).
- With the Switch to existing tab if already open tree option turned on, if a locked tab had been changed and then an already open folder selected in the tree, the original tab was not correctly reset to its locked folder.
- Fixed a few problems when clicking on folder tabs:
- Clicking the active tab in a non-active Lister no longer goes into inline rename.
- Clicking the active destination tab in a dual-display Lister no longer goes into inline rename.
- Clicking a tab on the destination side of an inactive dual-display Lister now correctly switches the source/destination sides (previously it would quickly switch and then switch back again)
- When double-clicking a word (or using Ctrl+Shift+Right to select the next word) in inline rename mode, the selection no longer includes the final dot (between the stem and the extension).