Directory Opus 10.5.0.5 beta is now available for all Opus 10 users.
32-bit version: Universal Deutsch 简化字
64-bit version: Universal Deutsch 简化字
This is a preliminary, beta release. Translations may not be fully up-to-date and some English text may appear in non-English versions.
The following is a guide to the changes in the Directory Opus 10.5.0.5 beta:
New features / minor changes
- When the Find-As-You-Type field is open in Find mode, the left/right cursor keys, as well as Home and End, are now passed through to the file display. This lets you use the cursor keys to change the selected item in the icon modes (List, Thumbnails, etc) without first closing the FAYT. Added the new option Preferences / File Displays / Find-As-You-Type / Enable all cursor keys in Find mode which lets you disable this (and revert left/right cursor keys to their normal behaviour in the edit field).
- Added two new options in Preferences / Miscellaneous / Advanced:
- dlldir_security : This option, enabled by default, prevents Opus from loading DLLs from the current working directory. This reduces the risk of "binary planting" exploits which can trick your computer into running untrusted software when you open things like photos or music from folders in which someone has hidden a malicious DLL.
- dragdrop_async : Enables the previous behaviour when handling drag and drop from outside of Opus, whereby drops are handled asynchronously even if the source of the data doesn't specifically support this. (See the item relating to this in the "Bug fixes" section below).
- It is now possible to embed commands (using the [ ] syntax) in the Go FINDTITLE function. Added the RUNEMBEDDEDIFNOTFOUND argument which lets a command embedded under the Go FINDTITLE command run in the current Lister if no matching listers are found.
- Fixed problem that could cause the breadcrumbs popup to not display all items the first time it opened.
- Fix for dragging Gmail attachments from Chrome to Opus, and better handling of drop sources which support asynchronous drops.
- Fixed some USB flash drives incorrectly appearing in the Go DRIVEBUTTONS=mtp list and in the mtp:// root folder.
- Fixed a couple of minor problems with keyboard shortcuts in the Rename dialog's Find and Replace mode.
- Loading a tab group would not update the tree to show the folder of the new active tab.
- Fixed problem with embedded functions for new Listers not always picking the right Lister to run the command in (if the new Lister opened as the destination, for example).
- Tabs drawn with visual styles can now be modified by a black background color, and custom tab colors can now use background and text colors that are very close together without them being made more contrasting, if that's what you want.
- Fixed minor issues with PNG images using rare transparency modes. (Images using a single transparent color, rather than an alpha channel, combined with RGB non-palette colors and/or 16 bit per sample colors.)